Ph.D. degree in Interdisciplinary Engineering from the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology in 2017
M.Sc. degree in Microsystems Engineering from the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2014
B.Sc. degree in Computer and Communications Engineering, Hariri Canadian University, Lebanon, 2012
Dr. El-Atab’s research interest focuses on the design and fabrication of smart memory and electronic devices and their applications, including in-memory computing and in-memory sensing.
1. Nazek El-Atab, Nadeem Qaiser, Wedyan Babatain, Rabab Bahabry, Rana Shamsuddin, and Muhammad M. Hussain “Nature-Inspired Spherical Silicon Solar Cell for Three-Dimensional Light Harvesting, Improved Dust and Thermal Management” MRS Communications, 2020.
2. Nazek El-Atab, Nadeem Qaiser, Huda Badghaish, Sohail F. Shaikh and Muhammad M. Hussain “A Flexible Nanoporous Template for the Design and Development of Reusable Anti-COVID-19 Hydrophobic Face Masks” ACS Nano 14, 7659–7665, 2020.
3. Nazek El-Atab, Wedyan Babatain, Rabab Bahabry, Reem Alshanbari, Rana Shamsuddin, and Muhammad M. Hussain “Ultra-flexible Corrugated Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Cells with High Efficiency (19%), Improved Thermal Performance and Reliability Using Low-Cost Laser-Patterning” ACS Appl. Mat. Int. 12, 2269-2275, 2020.
4. Nazek El-Atab, Reema Almansour, Alhanouf Alhazzany, Reema Suwaidan, Yara Alghamdi, Wedyan Babatain, Sohail F. Shaikh, Sherjeel M. Khan, Nadeem Qaiser and Muhammad M. Hussain “Heterogeneous Cubic Multi-Dimensional Integrated Circuit (MD-IC) for Water and Food Security in Fish Farming Ponds” Small, 16, 1905399, 2020.
5. Nazek El-Atab, Javier Chavarrio Canas and Muhammad M. Hussain “Pressure-Driven Two-Input 3D Microfluidic Logic Gates with Simultaneous Boolean AND and OR Operations” Advanced Science, 7, 1903027, 2020.
6. Nazek El-Atab, Nadeem Qaiser, Rabab Bahabry and Muhammad M. Hussain “Corrugation Enabled Asymmetrically Ultra-Stretchable (95%) Monocrystalline Silicon Solar Cells with High Efficiency (19%)” Adv. Energy Mat., 1902883, 2019.
7. Nazek El-Atab, Sohail F. Faizan and Muhammad M. Hussain “Nano-scale transistors for interfacing with brain: design criteria, progress and prospect” IOP Nanotechnology 30, 442001, 2019.
8. Nazek El-Atab, Sohail F. Faizan, Sherjeel M. Khan, and Muhammad M. Hussain “Heterogeneous Multi-Dimensional Integrated Circuits (MD-IC) for Internet of Things (IoT) Applications” Advanced Engineering Materials 21, 1900043, 2019.
9. Muhammad Mustafa Hussain and Nazek El-Atab “2D Material-Based Electronic Synapses Learn Like Brain” Nature Elect. 1, 436, 2018.
10. Nazek El-Atab, Irfan Saadat, Krishna Saraswat, and Ammar Nayfeh “Nano-islands Based Charge Trapping Memory: A Scalability Study” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology 16, 1143 - 1146, 2017.