Muhammad Mustafa Hussain
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Division (CEMSE)
- Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, USA, 2005
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering (SSE), University of Texas, Austin, USA, 2004
- M.S. Electrical Engineering (Electrophysics), University of Southern California, USA, 2002
- B.S. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh, 2000
Hussain's research is in transformational electronics and includes discovering new applications for web integrated electronics using CMOS compatible processes to transform materials, device architectures, substrates, waste materials into impactful resources including high performance flexible-stretchable-transparent-reconfigurable inorganic nanoelectronics and nanoelectronic systems.
- G. A. Torres Sevilla, C. E. Smith, J. P. Rojas, H. M. Fahad, M. M. Hussain, “Flexible and Transparent Silicon Based Sub-100 nm Non-planar 3D FinFET CMOS for Brain-inspired Computation” Adv. Mat. DOI: 10.1002/adma.201305309 [Cover Article]
- J. P. Rojas, G. A. Torres Sevilla, S. B. Inayat, A. M. Hussain, M. T. Ghoneim, S. Ahmed, M. M. Hussain, “Transformational Silicon Electronics” ACS Nano, http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn405475k
- G. A. Torres Sevilla, S. B. Inayat, J P. Rojas, A. M. Hussain, M. M. Hussain, “Flexible and Semi-transparent Thermoelectric Energy Harvesters from Low Cost Bulk Silicon (100)”, Small (doi: 10.1002/smll.201301025). [Cover Page]
- J. P. Rojas, G. A. Torres Sevilla, M. M. Hussain, “Can We Build a Truly High Performance Computer Which is Flexible and Transparent?” Nature Sci. Rep. 3 : 2609 | DOI: 10.1038/srep02609.
- J. E. Mink, R. Qaisi, B. E. Logan, M. M. Hussain, “Energy Harvesting from Saliva in Micro-Sized Microbial Fuel Cells” NPG (Nature) Asia Materials, (2014) 6, e89; doi:10.1038/am.2014.1.
- Justine E. Mink, Muhammad Mustafa Hussain, “Sustainable Design of High Performance Micro-sized Microbial Fuel Cell with Carbon Nanotube Anode and Air Cathode”, ACS Nano, 2013, 7 (8), pp 6921–6927 (DOI: 10.1021/nn402103q).
- J. E. Mink, J. P. Rojas, B. E. Logan, M. M. Hussain, “Vertically grown multi-walled carbon nanotube anode and nickel silicide integrated high performance micro-sized (1.25 L) microbial fuel cell”, Nano Lett., 2012, 12 (2), pp 791–795.
- Salman B. Inayat, Kelly R. Rader, Muhammad M. Hussain, “Nano-materials Enabled Thermoelectricity from Window Glasses”, Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), DOI: 10.1038/srep00841.
- H. M. Fahad, C.E. Smith, J. P. Rojas, M. M. Hussain, “Silicon Nanotube Field Effect Transistor with Core-Shell Gate Stacks for Enhanced High Performance Operation and Area Scaling Benefits”, Nano Lett., 2011, 11 (10), pp 4393–4399.
- C. Smith, R. Qaisi, Z. Liu, Q. Yu, M. M. Hussain, “Low Voltage Back-gated Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition based Graphene Striped Channel Transistor with High-Dielectric Showing Room Temperature Mobility >11,000 cm2/V-s”, ACS Nano, 2013, 7 (7), pp 5818–5823.