Tariq A. Alkhalifah
- Ph.D. Geophysics, Colorado School of Mines, USA,1997
- M.S. Geophysical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, USA, 1993
- B.S. Geophysics, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 1988
Professor Alkhalifah‘s research interests are in imaging and velocity model building for exploring seismic data with special emphasis on media that exhibit anisotropic behavior of wave propagation. He is also interested in seismic acquisition and processing of near surface data for better near surface treatment.
- Alkhalifah, T., and Tsvankin, I., 1995, Velocity analysis for transversely isotropic media: Geophysics, 60, 1550-1566.
- Alkhalifah, T., 2000, An acoustic wave equation for anisotropic media: Geophysics, 65, 1239-1219.
- Alkhalifah, Tariq, Fomel, Sergey, and Biondi, Biondo, 2001, The space-time domain: theory and modelling for anisotropic media: Geophysical Journal International, 144, 105-113.
- Alkhalifah, T. and Sava, P., 2010, Transversely isotropic media with tilt normal to the reflector dip, Geophysics, 75, A19-A24.
- Alkhalifah T., 2011, Scanning anisotropy parameters in complex media, Geophysics, 76, U13-22 U13;doi:10.1190/1.3553015.
- Alkhalifah T., and Choi Y., 2012, Taming waveform inversion nonlinearity through phase unwrapping of the model and objective functions: Geophysical journal international, 191, 1171-1178.
- Alkhalifah, T. and Plessix, R., 2014: A recipe for practical full waveform inversion in anisotropic media: An analytical parameter resolution study, Geophysics, 79, R91-R101.