4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Professor Pottmann's research interests are in applied geometry and visual computing, in particular computer-aided design, geometric modeling, geometry processing, geometric computing for manufacturing, robot kinematics, computer vision and visualization. His most recent work concentrates on the solution of problems that arise in the construction of freeform structures in contemporary architecture and on closely related topics in discrete and computational differential geometry.
- Alexander I. Bobenko, H. Pottmann, and J. Wallner, "A curvature theory for discrete surfaces based on mesh parallelity, Mathematische Annalen, 2010.
- Michael Eigensatz, Martin Kilian, Alexander Schiftner, Niloy J. Mitra, Helmut Pottmann, Mark Pauly, "Paneling architectural freeform surfaces" SIGGRAPH, 2010.
- H. Pottmann, Q. Huang, B. Deng, A. Schiftner, M. Kilian, L. Guibas and Johannes Wallner, "Geodesic Patterns", ACM Trans. Graphics, 29/3, 2010.
- A. Schiftner, M. Hobinger, J. Wallner, H. Pottmann, "Packing circles and spheres on surfaces", ACM Trans. Graphics, 28/5, Proc. SIGGRAPH Asia, 2009.
- G. Nawratil, H. Pottmann and B. Ravani, "Generalized Penetration Depth Computation based on Kinematical Geometry", Journal of Computer Aided Geometric Design, 26, 425-443, 2009.