4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Husam N. AlShareef
Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1995
M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1992
B.S. Ceramics Engineering , Alfred University, Alfred, N.Y., 1990
Dr. Alshareef's research interests are in Energy Harvesting, Energy Storage, and in Emerging Electronics. Current projects include development of nanomaterials (particularly oxides) for supercapacitors and Li-ion batteries, thermoelectric power generation, flexible and transparent electronics, and nanoelectronics.
- W. Chen, R.B. Rakhi, M. Liangbing, Xing Xie, Y. Cui, and H.N. Alshareef, "High Performance Supercapacitors on a Sponge", Nano Letters 11, 5165 (2011)
- R.B. Rakhi, W. Chen, D.K. Cha, and H.N. Alshareef, "Nanostructured Ternary Electrodes for Energy Storage Applications", Advanced Energy Materials: DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201100609.
- R.B. Rakhi, W. Chen, D.K. Cha, and H.N. Alshareef, "High Performance Supercapacitors Using Electrodes Incorporating Metal Oxide Nanoparticles Anchored onto Graphene Nanosheets", J. Materials Chemistry 21, 16197(2011).
- S.R.S Kumar, A.I. Abutaha, M. N. Hedhili, and H.N. Alshareef, "Modeling the transport properties of epitaxially-grown thermoelectric oxide thin films using spectroscopic ellipsometry", Appl. Phys. Lett. 100 (5), 052110 (2012)
- M.A. Khan, U. Bhansali and H.N. Alshareef, "All-Polymer, Transparent and Flexible Ferroelectric Memory Device", Organic Electronics 12 , 2225(2011)