4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Husam N. AlShareef
Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1995
M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1992
B.S. Ceramics Engineering , Alfred University, Alfred, N.Y., 1990
Dr. Alshareef's research interests are in Emerging Electronics, Energy Harvesting, and Energy Storage. Current projects include development of nanomaterials (particularly oxides) for supercapacitors and Li-ion batteries, thermoelectric power generation, flexible and transparent electronics.
- Wei Chen, R.B. Rakhi, Qingxiao Wang, M. N. Hedhili and H.N. Alshareef, "Growth Mechanism and Supercapacitor Cycling Performance of MnO2 Nanostructures by Electron Tomography", Advanced Functional Materials, (DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201303508, 2014).
- N. Yesibolati, M. Shahid, F.M. Ross, M. Reuter, and H.N. Alshareef, "SnO2 Anode Surface Passivation by Atomic Layer Deposited HfO2 Improves Li Ion Battery Performance", Small (in press, 2014).
- J.A. Caraveo, P. Nayak, H. Al-Jawhari, U. Schwingenschlogl, and H.N. Alshareef, "Record Mobility in Fully Transparent p-type Tin Monoxide Films and Devices Processed by Phase Engineering", ACS Nano 10, 5160 (2013).
- M. A. Khan, U. Bhansali, and H.N. Alshareef, "All-Polymer Bistable Resistive Memory Device Based on Nanoscale Phase-Separated PCBM-Ferroelectric Blends", Advanced Functional Materials, 23, 2145 (2013).
- R.B. Rakhi, Wei Chen, Dongkyu Cha, and H.N. Alshareef, "Substrate Dependent Self-Organization of Mesoporous Co3O¬4 Nanowires with Remarkable Pseudocapacitance", Nano Letters 12, 2559 (2012).