4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Tariq A. Alkhalifah
Professor, Earth Sciences and Engineering
Ph.D. Geophysics, Colorado School of Mines, USA,1997
M.S. Geophysical Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, USA, 1993
B.S. Geophysics, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 1988
Professor Alkhalifah‘s research interests are in imaging and velocity model building for exploring seismic data with special emphasis on media that exhibit anisotropic behavior of wave propagation. He is also interested in seismic acquisition and processing of near surface data for better near surface treatment.
- Alkhalifah, T. "Prestack phase-shift migration of separate offsets in laterally inhomogeneous media". Geophysics, 75, S95-S101, 2010.
- Alkhalifah, T. and Sava, P. "Transversely isotropic media with tilt normal to the reflector dip". Geophysics, 75, A19-A24, 2010.
- Alkhalifah T. "Efficient traveltime compression for 3-D prestack Kirchhoff migration". Geophysical Prospecting, 2010.
- Alkhalifah T. and S. Fomel. "An eikonal based formulation for traveltime perturbation with respect to the source location". Geophysics, 2010.
- Alkhalifah, T., Innemee, H., Benson, C., and Spoors, S. "Straight ray datuming in 3D media: fast and flexible: First Break". 2010.