4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Jean M.J. Fréchet
Vice President for Research
Named Professor, Chemical Science
Ph.D. Syracuse University, United States, 1971
Ph.D. State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, United States, 1971
M.S. Syracuse University, 1969
M.S. State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 1969
Ingénieur-Chimiste, Institut de Chimie et Physique Industrielles, France, 1967
Professor Fréchet is the author of about 800 publications and the recipient of 70 US patents. His research at the interface of organic and polymer chemistry is in the broad area of nanoscience and nanotechnology, and is directed toward functional macromolecules, their design, synthesis, and applications. Further details are available at Office of VP for Research..
- Zahner, D.; Abagat, J.; Svec, Frank; Fréchet, J. M. J..; Levkin, P. A. A Facile Approach to Superhydrophilic-Superhydrophobic Patterns in Porous Polymer Films Adv. Mater. 2011 23(27), 3030-3034.
- Griffini, G.; Douglas, J. D.; Piliego, C.; Holcombe, T. W.; Turri, S.; Fréchet, J. M. J.; Mynar, J. L. Long-term thermal stability of high-efficiency polymer solar cells based on photocrosslinkable donor-acceptor conjugated polymers Adv. Mater. 2011, 23(14), 1660-1664.
- Broaders, K. E.; Grandhe, S.; Frechet, J. M. J. A Biocompatible Oxidation-Triggered Carrier Polymer with Potential in Therapeutics J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 756-758.
- Woo, C. H.; Beaujuge, P. M.; Holcombe, T. W.; Lee, O. P.; Fréchet, J. M. J.. Incorporation of Furan into Low Band-Gap Polymers for Efficient Solar Cells J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132(44), 15547-15549
- Gao, H.; Poulsen, D. A.; Ma, B.; Unruh, D. A.; Zhao, X.; Millstone, J. E.; Fréchet, J. M. J.; Site Isolation of Emitters within Cross-Linked Polymer Nanoparticles for White Electroluminescence Nano Lett. 2010, 10(4), 1440.